Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC)
CIC classes are offered in conjunction with Massachusetts Association of Insurance Agents. Registration and calendar dates will be scheduled through MAIA's office.
The Certified Insurance Counselors (CIC) Program has been the insurance industry's premier, proven source for practical, real-world education since 1969.
The CIC Program is designed to meet the practicing insurance professional’s need for technical knowledge in all areas of the insurance industry. Each institute consists of two and one-half days of intensive instruction followed by a rigorous optional examination.
- Current, practical course content, applicable to your everyday work.
- The coveted Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC) designation signifies a higher professional level of experience and competence.
- Curriculum tailored to your particular region.
- National recognition within the industry for the program and designation, for your knowledge, and professionalism.
- The program meets most states' annual CE requirements.
- Ample choices - more than 300 institutes held nationally each year.
- The fee includes a comprehensive notebook for future reference.
- You can substitute any CRM course for any one CIC institute to earn the CIC designation.
To obtain your CIC designation, you must complete and pass any five examinations within 5 years of passing your first CIC exam. You may take any institute in any sequence that you wish.
Once you attain the CIC designation and experience the recognition, prestige, and career fulfillment that come with it, you must attend at least one of the following programs annually:
- CIC Institute
- Certified Risk Managers Course
- James K. Ruble Seminar
Must complete any 5.
- Commercial Casualty
- Commercial Property
- Commercial Multi-Line
- Agency Management
- Life and Health
- Personal Lines