Certified Insurance Service Representative (CISR)
CISR classes are offered in conjunction with Massachusetts Association of Insurance Agents. Registration and calendar dates will be scheduled through MAIA's office
The CISR programs gives you a choice and additional earning opportunities in the commercial lines and personal lines subject areas as well as course offering in life & health and risk management.
This excellent program will enrich your career, extend your knowledge, and immeasurably increase the satisfaction that comes from doing a great job. For today's insurance professional, it's an exceptionally rewarding opportunity.
- Current, practical, up-to-date information you can apply immediately in your day-to-day interactions with customers.
- Complete knowledge of risks, coverages, and exposures - knowledge that helps to make you a truly superior insurance service professional.
- Cross-selling and account-rounding skills - to complement your core understanding of risks and exposures.
- One-day classroom agendas or self-paced online agendas - giving you maximum knowledge with a minimum amount of time away from the office.
- CE credit in states having a continuing education requirement - for a convenient, cost-effective way to meet your ongoing CE needs.
- An affordable registration fee - one that includes the course outlines and policy forms.
To earn your CISR designation, you must complete and pass any combination of five examinations of the nine courses within three years of passing your first CISR exam. None of the courses are mandatory. You may take any institute in any sequence that you wish.
To maintain the CISR designation, you are required to complete one of the following skills-enriching courses every year.
- William T. Hold Seminar
- Dynamics of Service
- Certified Insurance Counselors (CIC) Institute (Updates 2 years)
- Certified Insurance Service Representative (CISR)
If you hold the CISR designation and pass the other four CISR course exams, you will earn the CISR Elite designation! These additional passes must be achieved in a three year time frame.
Must complete any 5
Commercial Casualty I
Commercial Casualty II
Insuring Commercial Property
Insuring Personal Residential Property
Insuring Personal Auto Exposures
Personal Lines Miscellaneous
Elements of Risk Management
Life & Health Essentials