Certified Professional Insurance Agent (CPIA)
The AIMS Society's Certified Professional Insurance Agent(CPIA) Designation is the first-of-its-kind, hands-on, how-to training. These Seminars are designed to enhance the ability of producers, sales support staff and company personnel to efficiently create and distribute effective insurance programs. Participants leave with ideas that will produce increased sales results immediately.
- Enhance the ability to efficiently create and distribute effective insurance programs.
- Learn ways to increase sales
- Broaden your organization's market reach
- Learn to deliver customer derives that drives increased retention
Should I get my designation?
This program is recommended for intermediate or advanced agency staff including agents, brokers, agency principals, producers, account managers, and customer service representatives.
To earn the CPIA designation, candidates are required to participate in a series of three, one-dayInsurance Success Seminars - Position for Success, Implement Success & Sustain Success.
- CPIA 1 - Position for Success - During this program, participants are encouraged to focus on internal and external factors affecting the development of effective business development plans. Factors discussed include a review of the state of the insurance marketplace; analysis of competitive pressures; necessary insurance carrier underwriting criteria; and consumer expectations and understanding. Throughout each section of the workshop material, tips for preventing Errors & Omissions are highlighted and discussed.
- CPIA 2 - Implement for Success- During this session, participants will be provided with specific tools for analyzing consumer needs; will learn to utilize risk identification techniques to gather pertinent prospect information; will develop skills necessary to assimilate information gathered into a customized protection program; and will participate in exercises designed to promote effective delivery of proven solutions. Throughout each section of the workshop material, tips for preventing Errors & Omissions are highlighted and discussed.
- CPIA 3 - Sustain Success - This program focuses on fulfilling the implied promises contained in the insuring agreement. Students will review methods of providing evidence of insurance coverage; will discuss policies and procedures for controlling errors and omissions including policy review and delivery, endorsements, claims-processing, and handling of client complaints. This course includes a review of Professional Expectations; the Law of Agency; and Legal and Ethical Standards. Throughout each section of the workshop material, tips for preventing Errors & Omissions are highlighted and discussed.
Maintaining the CPIA Designation
After completion of the three Insurance Success Seminars, you must attend an update every 2 years. This update requirement can be satisfied through participation in any one of the three core Insurance Success seminars, participation in any one of the Advanced Insurance Success Seminars, or by maintaining individual or group membership in AIMS.
Find a Class
Currently, there are no CPIA classes being offered. Please check back again soon.